Poor posture does not depend on the number of hours you spend sitting; in fact, it depends on your sitting position. You can develop back pain even after an hour of sitting, only due to your poor posture. Maintaining the correct posture is the key to avoiding back pain. If you have been suffering from back and neck pain for a long time and are tired of using pain relief gels, read on to find out how you can develop and maintain the correct posture to avoid back pain:
- Sit with your back straight and shoulders relaxed.
- Do not cross your legs while sitting or else you will develop lower back pain, and keep your feet flat on the floor.
- With the increased use of technology, almost everyone has to work on a computer. Make sure that you adjust your chair accordingly. Your monitor should be right in front of you. Not maintaining the right ergonomics will lead to neck pain.
- Your back needs support. Always use a lumbar roll to support your lower back and to avoid back pain. If a lumbar roll is unavailable, sit with your back straight at the edge of your chair.
- Change your sitting position after every thirty minutes. This will help in relaxing the muscles.
- When standing up from a sitting position, make sure that you move to the front of your chair and stand by straightening your legs.
- While driving, always use a lumbar roll to support your lower back. Make sure that your knees are at the same level as your hips.
- To support the curve of your back, move your driving seat near to the steering wheel. The seat should be close enough to let you bend your knees and feet to reach the pedals.
Developed a back pain while sleeping? Here’s how you can avoid it:
- Never sleep on your stomach! This causes your back to strain and is also uncomfortable for your neck. Always try to sleep on your back or on your sides, supporting your lower back with a lumbar roll.
- Mattresses that sag should be avoided. Select a firm mattress which will help you in developing the right sleeping posture.
- When standing up from the bed, turn on your side, draw up your knees, and swing your legs on the side. Push yourself up with your hands and avoid bending forward.
Developed an uncomfortable posture, which is causing back pain? Looking for the best alternative back pain relief products? At Nomeds, we provide special products for improving your posture to rid you of back pain. Click here to browse through our collection!